British citizenship is not given to you automatically, you need to register with the Home Office in case you qualify. Enlistment as a British resident is the most well-known course by which children younger than 18 years of age get their British citizenship.
The necessities to meet are not exactly that of the adults for naturalization as British residents. Section 3 of the BNA 1981 is utilized for children born into the world outside the UK.
Eligibility requirements for Registration as a British Citizen
Your British citizenship application demands certain eligibility requirements, you must fulfill either of the following:
- The first requirement is that you were brought into the world in the UK on or after 1 January 1983, you are not naturally a British resident by birth, your mother and additionally, your father became British residents or got settled in the UK before your eighteenth birthday celebration, and you applied for enlistment before your eighteenth birthday.
- You were brought into the world in the UK on or after 1 January 1983, you are not naturally a British resident by birth, on or after 13 January 2010 your mom and additionally your dad joined the military before your eighteenth birthday celebration, and you applied for enlistment before your eighteenth birthday.
- You were born on or after 01 Jan 1983 and at the time of your birth, you were not a British citizen. Moreover, you have not stayed outside the UK for more than 90 days in the first 10 years of your life and then applied for registration at the age of 10.
- If you are born on or after 1983 and at the time of your application you were 18 years of age, then you and your parents must have stayed in the UK for 3 years before making the application and your parents especially have not stayed outside the UK for more than 270 days.
- You are a British Overseas resident, a British protected individual, or a British National (Overseas or BNO), you apply for enlistment, the Secretary of State(UK Home Office) is satisfied that you don’t have some other citizenship or identity, and the Secretary of State is fulfilled that you have not willfully lost through activity or inaction some other ethnicity whenever after 4 July 2002 (or then again, in case you are just a British National (Overseas), after 19 March 2009)
- You were brought into the world external the UK on or after 13 January 2010, at the hour of your introduction to the world your mom or father was an individual from the military serving outside the UK, you apply for enrollment, and in case you are under 18 at the date of use your folks agree to the enlistment.
Other important information
You are not qualified to be enlisted as a British resident you might in any case apply for enrollment:
- As a child, whenever before your eighteenth birthday.
- As a British overseas territory resident, whenever.
You must also possess a good character and a sound mind. The earliest you can apply is when you are 10 years of age with meeting all the requirements. If you are over 18 years of age then you must attend the citizenship ceremony once granted British citizenship by registration.
It may also be best advised to seek legal advice from the leading immigration solicitors.
A Y & J Solicitors have the best track record when it comes to British citizenship application.